RECEIVE | OWN| DISCUSS | ACT
taking action together
Download the RODA facilitation guide and action plan worksheet
FACILITATING A RODA SESSION WITH YOUR TEAM
- Schedule a team meeting
- Review your report and prepare equipment for brainstorming
- Facilitate a RODA session
- Kick off
- Discuss motivation
- Discuss drivers
- Review your team scores
- Action plan
- Hold follow up RODA sessions every month
Use a whiteboard, flip chart, butchers paper - or even sticky notes stuck to a window!
Brainstorming is a great way to gather good ideas. The golden rule is that every idea is a good idea.
- Record every suggestion – one idea will likely lead to another so encourage people to say whatever comes to mind. You can interrupt the flow of ideas if you stop to discuss the merit of any one idea or suggestion. Encourage participation and keep the flow going.
- Group suggestions – once you have exhausted everyone’s ideas it’s time to identify the best ones. Group together similar ideas to shorten the list. Keep a record of the shortened list.
- Make a decision – decide which action/s you will actually implement. Discuss the action Who, What, When and How. Who will do it? What will be involved? When will it happen? How will we know it has happened?
Run Peoplepie with your team.